Wentworth Clinic’s London and Bournemouth locations are running as normal during this time with additional and strict PPE measures in place!
Until further notice, due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and in the interests of both patients and staff, Wentworth Clinic have implemented the following protocol for all patient visits, treatments and procedures. This will ensure that the highest level of safety, comfort and care is provided throughout the duration of your appointment at the clinic. These protocol include:
Pre-appointment preparation is essential in providing safe care ensuring patients are well informed and suitably prepared ahead of their visit to the clinic.
Communication is essential to mitigating risk and establishing expectations of how and when any treatment can be delivered with the limitations of the pandemic.
- Patient information is available online and contact is made with patients prior to the appointment, and to discuss the safe entrance and exit points at the clinic.
- We will do our best to undertake most of the administration tasks ahead of the patients visit, where possible online.
Examples of this information include:
- Patient Questionnaire
- Check Covid History
- Medical History
- Patient Consent – (Mandatory) – Download Patient Consent Form Here
- Payment Information
For patients who are unable to access digital media we will provide alternative arrangements in order for them to obtain the necessary information.
- The aim is to reduce the administrative tasks which would have been carried out at the reception desk or surgery in order to minimise face to face contact and reduce time spent in the clinic.
- If required, we will use Zoom (video conferencing application) to interact with patients who we are unable to see face to face.
- The patient would have received this information electronically or by post.
- Entrance sign posted – with alcohol wipes and disposable shoe covers available upon arrival.
- Only two patients allowed in the clinic at any one time.
- Accompanying family / friends to stay in the car in the car park at the rear of the clinic.
Patient Attendance (Pre-Treatment)
Communication is the key to the smooth running of the clinic and patients should already be aware of the current protocol regarding their safe entrance into the building.
- Entrance should be via the front door which will be clearly sign posted ‘Entry’.
- Antiseptic hand gel to be used at the entrance point and exit point.
- Disposable shoe covers will be available at the entrance and should be discarded in the box supplied at the exit point.
- Minimise the use of toilet facilities wherever possible.
- Patients to follow the 2 metre distancing as marked.
- Reception is protected with a clear shield.
- Patient history will be collected and recorded again about any signs or symptoms in relation to Covid-19. Chronic illness information will also be requested and collected.
- Patient will also be made aware prior to arrival and during reception that the protective clothing will be worn by the nursing staff and the clinician.
- In a pandemic of a highly infectious disease such as the Covid-19, the clinic and patients may be at a potentially high risk of infection due to the close proximity during appointments. It is imperative that risk assessment is carried out to ensure the safety of both staff and patients. During treatment, consideration should be given to PPE, procedure risk mitigation, decontamination and medical emergencies.
- Electronic non-touch temperature will be checked on arrival.
- The patients should wear disposable shoe covers, masks, have no extra clothing, or handbags, and follow the exit point when leaving the clinic, and dispose of the disposable shoe covers in the bag provided, and use alcohol gel, also provided.
- Follow decontamination procedure.
- Routine clean for low risk Aerosol Generating Procedures (AGP).
- For high risk aerosol generating exposure (AGE) we will carry out a strict method and process pathway for all patients. The floor will also be cleaned after the patient treatment, and a recovery period of 15 minutes given prior to the next patient.
Clinicians will wear:
- FFP 3 mask/surgical mask
- and will be trained in decontamination
- Protocol same as clinicians.
- Cleansing surgery after each patient at the end of the appointment.
- Disposable instruments wherever possible.
- Re-usable instruments to be packed away safely for sterilisation.
- If accidental Covid-19 patients are treated, inform patient and other authorities with consent.
- If treatment is carried out accidentally on COVID positive patients, deep cleaning process will take place and no further treatment will be performed that day.
- Covid-19 consent and normal consent.
- Treatment to be carried out with full protection.
Risk Assessment id regularly carried out for:
- Surgery and clinic at large
Please click on the link below to download the Covid-19 Patient Information and Consent Sheet – this is mandatory for all patients undergoing a procedure at Wentworth Clinic. Please review the documentation, complete and sign, and bring this with you on the day of your procedure.